Listen / Download http://shanemorris.bandcamp.com/album/xenoverse
Latest Entries »
At long last, the final installment of my “Verses” series is set to be released this Saturday, May 4th independently at my Bandcamp page. This series is composed of all live performances culled from 2009 to 2012 and mixed into a long form collage. You will find a wide mix of ambient, dark ambient, space, experimental, and drone sounds throughout the 3 tracks that span about 55 minutes.
A short promo video for the track “From the Primordial Night” for the upcoming Morris/Mystified release “Emergence” on Spotted Peccary/Lotuspike.Video by Mystified.
“Emergence” to be released June 11, 2013. CD and Digital Download ~ Pre-orders coming soon
Xenoverse, Part 3 of the Verses Trilogy, is in the final mix-down stages and will be released in the near future independently at my bandcamp page.
Like the previous two releases, Xenoverse is an amalgam of live performances mixed together into a final collage. If you havent heard the other releases, drop by my bandcamp page and listen or download them at nameyourprice ~ http://shanemorris.bandcamp.com/
Sound for Good records have partnered with Hospice Foundation of America to offer the new release “The Human Condition”, a Dedication to Philip K Dick by Various Artists. I have a track that continues a concept from a previous release dedicated to PKD titled “Set the Penfield Mood Organ for Introspection” which is a bridge to the next full release dedicated to the Penfield Mood Organ. Listen and download the track along with 43 other artists in this compilation
Honored to be included in the Zone Music Reporter Qualifiers for Best Ambient Album with Epoch – Morris / Mystified. Thank you kindly for writing in and all the support for Epoch.
A benefit compilation for the creative arts for children of New Town, CT. I have a track named “Lift” along with many beautiful contributions from artists around the world.
Omniverse closing out podcast #201 at Syndae. Thank you Stefan!
Delighted to say that Epoch has made Star’s End radio’s list of Significant Releases of 2012. Thank you Chuck!
Nice review by Rik MacLean of Suburban Catacombs – Disturbed Earth/Shane Morris
“The drone of electrical wires, water rushing through pipes, drainage, it’s all here forming a bed of sound over which a sparse instrumental accompaniment is laid. Needless to say, the combined result is quite impressive.”
I am very honored to be included on Scott Raymond’s Secret Music Top 25 Albums of 2012. Epoch – Morris/Mystified comes in at #11 and Take to the Trees compilation , which I have a track on, is at #14. Thank you very much Scott!
WVKR-FM “Secret Music” Top 25 Albums of 2012
1. Jeff Pearce – In the Season of Fading Light – Jeff Pearce Music
2. Various Artists – The Gathering – West River Records
3. A Viberatto – B – King Of Beasts
4. Thought Guild – Third Voyage – Harmonic Resonance Recordings
5. Thomas Ronkin – Precursors – Periphery
6. Parallel Worlds and Dave Bessell – Morphogenic – DiN
7. Alexander Turnquist – Like Sunburned Snowflakes – VHF
8. Merge – Secret Life Of Machines – Self Released
9. Dead Can Dance – Anastasis – Pias Recordings – Diquela
10. itsnotyouitsme – everybody’s pain is magnificent – New Amsterdam
11. Shane Morris and Mystified – Epoch – Lotuspike – Spotted Peccary Music
12. Various Artists – Manikin Records Second Decade – Manikin
13. Ramp – Steel And Steam – Doombient
14. Various Artists – Take To The Trees – Sound For Good
15. Ben Kettlewell – Retrospective – Lyrebird Media
16. Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder – Level Four – Manikin
17. Symmetry – WMD – Self Released
18. Forrest Fang – Animism – Projekt
19. Icebreaker – Apollo – Cantaloupe Music
20. Steve Roach – Quiet Music: The Original 3-Hour Collection – Projekt
21. Sundog – Insofar – Editions Penguin Cafe Ltd.
22. Loreena McKennitt – Troubadors On the Rhine – Quinlan Road-Universal Music
23. Ian Boddy & Erik Wøllo – Frontiers – DiN
24. Caul – Let The Stars Assume The Whole Of Night – Hypnos
25. Cyber Zen Sound Engine – Cooperation – Self Released
Just released for New Year’s Day, Omniverse is part two of my Verses Live Trilogy series. Culled entirely from live performances, Omniverse extends the spatial journey that was started in Multiverse, which brings together elements of many genres including electronic, ambient, and world musics.
Recorded from 2009 to 2012 on my former net radio program, “Atmosphera” on electro-music.com and mixed in September of 2012.
Download in any format at : http://shanemorris.bandcamp.com/album/omniverse-2
2012 has been a great year musically and personally. A beautiful baby daughter, 6 releases, 1 CD, 2 labels, and airplay on Star’s End, Alien Air, Secret Music, Galactic Travels, and several superb fm stations around the country and internationally. “Epoch” peaked on Zone Music Reporter at #27 in May.
Great plans on the horizon for 2013 and thanks to all for supporting my music! Click on the picture to go to my Discography for links to all of my releases.
Happy New Year!
Omniverse, part 2 in my Live series, to be released independently through my bandcamp page on New Year’s Day 2013.
Electro-Music New Year’s Eve Streaming Concert and 10th Anniversary Partay Monday Dec. 31st. I will be playing my final live set for 2012 at 0100 GMT / 7PM Central US.
Tune in any time for some incredible electronic music from around the world and join us in the electro-music chatroom.
Happy New Year!
Morris/Mystified “Epoch” featured in Hypnagogue’s end of the year Episode 97 podcast. Thank you John! Listen or download the podcast :